Thursday, June 15, 2006

Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies

There's nothing more comforting than a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. So just imagine how comforting a peanut butter sandwich cookie is.

Tonight I stopped over my Mom's house after work for dinner. She made stuffed peppers, they were very good as usual.

So after dinner my Mom says, "Ok what is your choice for dessert?" You see, Mom always has at least two or three desserts to choose from. So it's not, "Do you want dessert?, "It's what dessert do you want?"

She had lemon meringue pie, boston cream pie or peanut butter sandwich cookies, all made from scratch. As you can see I went with the latter. And what a good decision. These babies were incredible. I had never felt so comforted. After I finished off a small platter of them, I decided to take a photo and share what was left with all of you.

They are actually somewhat 'healthy' for you since the peanut butter packs in the protein, and the cookies are made with oatmeal which we all know by now is great for our cholesterol. There are even walnuts in the cookies which add a little omega fatty acid.

Can you tell I'm trying to make myself feel better for eating so many?

What is your favorite comfort food?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These cookies are made to sadisfaction to healthy eating and at the same time they are really good.Bambola

Heather said...

OOOOHhhh Will you/your mom share the recipe for the PBsandwich cookies?

Cate said...

But where's the recipe? You can't tempt us with a picture and not give up the recipe! I need to make these!