Friday, June 02, 2006

Frittata


Yes another Frittata. I'm sorry to bore you with eggs and veggies again, but as usual I had my leftover roasted veggies that needed a new purpose.

I updated my recipe a bit with some tips from Cook's Illustrated Magazine.

First, I added a little milk which I normally wouldn't. They suggested Half and Half but I didn't have any so I used Simply Smart Fat Free Milk.

Second, I used a little less olive oil (2 teaspoons) instead of 2 tablespoons.

Third, I kept the heat on medium instead of medium high and stirred the eggs as they set. And when the eggs formed large curds with the top still wet I placed them under the preheated broiler for about 3 to 4 minutes.

Forth, once the top was lightly browned, but the inside still a bit runny, I moved the skillet to cooling rack for about 5 minutes, where the residual heat gently completed cooking the center of the frittata.

The result was a perfectly cooked frittata. Thanks Cooks Illustrated.

No comments: