Monday, September 04, 2006

PRETTY (sharp) IN PINK!

I got a new knife!

I know what you're thinking. PINK? I know, but I did'nt buy it for the color. And don't let the color fool you. It's very sharp.

I can finally cut raw meat (in my case, mostly chicken) with ease. I don't know what took me so long to buy a sharp knife. I have been struggling for years, trying to trim fat, cut thin slices of meat, filet and butterfly. I guess I just thought it was supposed to be difficult. But now it's so easy. Actually almost too easy. The first time I used it, I nearly cut my finger off. The knife just cut so easily through my skin, I did'nt even feel it.

It is a Pure-Komachi... It's high carbon stainless steel and made in Japan. I paid $24.99
at a specialty cutlery shop. You can also order online from their website. So why did I choose this one? I just asked the shop owner for the cheapest, but sharpest knife available.

All I can say is I'm happy with it. So what if it's pink. Actually, it's kind of growing on me.

8 comments:

mooncrazy said...

Every kitchen needs a bit of whimsy. Is this one you can use a steele with?

wheresmymind said...

I would've so thought "Ceramic"

Annie said...

Mooncrazy, NO. It still needs tlc when cleaning. I would'nt even put it in the dishwasher (I would'nt want it to lose it's pretty color) :)

LookinginmyRearviewMirror said...

There is NOTHING like a sharp knife when you are cooking a meal! I am so glad you got one you like. My choice is the Pampered Chep knives. I love them as they come with their very own sharpeners that also are their own "sleeves, so they are always protected. Knives are like personalities...there are many different kinds...

Blessings,

Lue

LookinginmyRearviewMirror said...

Pampered Chef that is! Not Pampered Chep...sorry

veuveclicquot said...

Congrats on your new acquisition! I've seen these at a local cookware store and always hesitated to buy it. You've convinced me to finally treat myself to some pink in a gal's kitchen!

Rachel said...

Cool! We got the whole set, pink, green, yellow etc (ie bread, fish, meat, veggie knives) as a wedding present and love them!

Randi said...

I just ordered 2 of these knives.