Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Five Foods You Should Eat Before You Die!

I was recently tagged by Teddy from Fun With Your Food and Sara from i like to cook to participate in the Foodbloggers Guide to the Globe started by Melissa at The Traveler's Lunchbox.

It is to list 5 Things You've Eaten and Think that Everyone Should Eat
at least Once Before They Die.
I have actually been thinking about my response for days.

So here it goes:

1. Pizza. I think most of us have already tried pizza at least once in our lives but if there is anyone out there who has'nt, what are you waiting for? Start with the basic tomato sauce base, and top with cheese. Or my favorite: White Pizza with Spinach and Olives. The simplier, the better. And oh yeah, get it well done!

2. Dark chocolate. I can't live without it. I love all chocolate, but dark is my favorite and now that we know about the health benefits, I think everyone should be eating it daily!

3. Italian Antipasto. There is nothing more satisfying than sitting down with family and/or friends picking at an assortment of some of the best appetizers around. I'm talking about CHEESE-Parmigiano Reggiano, Fontina, Asiago, Pecorino Romano, Provolone, Mozzarella...I could go on but I'll stop here. Plus all types of Italian Cold Cuts-Prosciutto, Mortadella, Cappicola, Salami, Pepperoni, Soppresetta and more. Marianted Vegetables Galore-from all kinds of Olives, Peppers, Eggplant, Artichokes, Stuffed Tomatoes, and more.

4. Fresh Crusty Bread. You can't have an Antipasto or any respectable dinner for that matter without it. Whether it's a fresh Italian Loaf cut into thick slices, or even a French Baguette, either one will do. I could eat them just as they are, just tear off a piece and enjoy! The possibilies are endless...Must haves are: Crostini and Bruschetta with an array of different toppings or Garlic Bread(yum).

5. Cookies. This was a tough decision. I could have went with so many other choices: Ice Cream, Eggs, Belgian Waffles, Grilled Cheese, Chicken Parmigiano, just to name a few of my fav's. But I had to go with cookies because I'm a big fan of the crunch and the chew. Cookies always satisfy those two requirements. I go with Biscotti when I'm looking for a crunchy snack, and nothing goes better with Coffee, especially Cappuccino or even Tea better than Biscotti. When I'm craving something with a little bit of chewiness, I go with either Chocolate Chip or Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. But I have to say, I have'nt met a cookie I did'nt like!

Now it's your turn...

Jen at Casual Slack
Paula from The Cookbook Junkie
Doodles from Peanut Butter Etouffee
Cate from Sweetnicks
Kim from Artfully Yours

13 comments:

Jen said...

HAhahAHahhA!

funwithyourfood said...

:)
Goodie!
Glad to see you put chocolate on there. can't live without it

Teddy

funwithyourfood said...

:)
Goodie!
Glad to see you put chocolate on there. can't live without it

Teddy

Artfully Yours said...

Annie,
How do I do the tag thing?

wheresmymind said...

I'm with you on the dark chocolate...I love the new Hersey's extra dark stuff!

Crystal said...

Mmmmm...crusty bread! This list was tough to do - so many good foods out there.

-Crystal

The Cookbook Junkie said...

Hmmm. I'll have to think about this.

Sara said...

White pizza! Sounds delicious.

Your Girl Friday said...

Seafood Paella would definetley be on my list!

Annie - have you ever made this?!? I want to learn, cos I suck at it!

barb said...

;) OK annie I just saw this as have been away visiting with the other two ladies from PBE. So give me a couple a days please.
thanks

Annie said...

Jen, What's so funny. Get working on it.

Lou, Life's too short. Enjoy it.

Teddy & WMM, Chocolate was the easiest choice. Dark chocolate will never let you down.

Kim, Check your comments, I'll explain.

Crystal, Your telling me, I though about it for days. Crusty bread is a must though.

Paula, I'm really looking forward to your responses.

Sara, Yep, white pizza is my fav. Love it.


Your girl friday, I have never made Seafood Paella, but I don't think it's extremely difficult. I think there are even boxed products (kind of like a kit) to get you started. Although, I'm not sure if they're available in your neck of the woods! Good Luck!

Annie said...

Doodles, No rush-take your time! But I have to say I am looking forward to your responses :)

Heather said...

I have to say my list would look similar to yours!! We obviously need to exchange cookie recipes.