Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Hello...My Name Is Annie and I AM a Chocoholic.


I'm back on the wagon again. Last week was brutal for me. I was under a lot of stress with work and I gave into temptation way too many times. The culprit. Chocolate, of course.

A had a box of Russel Stover Truffles that were given to me for Easter that I finally got around to opening. Actually, I had been putting off opening the box for fear it would thrust me into a chocolate eating frenzy.

It seems my fears were substantiated. I spent every night after work trying to tell myself to eat healthy and resist the urge to "binge"(there I said it).

It always started out good. I would get home from work make something really healthy and delicious for dinner and eat a very hefty portion(so I would be to full for candy).

Yeah right! It only made me want it even more. I would open the box and tell myself "I'm only going to have a couple". Well a couple turned into around 8, ok maybe even 10 or 12. I don't know. Who was counting?

Anyways, I felt so sick afterwards, not to mention guilty. It's a terrible feeling, but when I was stuffing those dark, creamy, luscious, little bits of heaven into my mouth all I could think of was how wonderful the next one was going to taste.

The sad part is, some of them weren't even that great now that I think of it. But that would just add fuel to the fire. Because then I would think...That one wasn't that great let me try another. I can't let that one be the last flavor in mouth.

Well, I'm glad the box is gone.

Tonight I had an Apricot Square(My Mom makes them-they are one of my favs)and 5 Hershey Kisses for dessert.

Hey, that's not bad.
Considering.


Question of the day: What triggers your binge?

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm going to buy you 2 king size snickers bars and leave it on your desk...
maybe some reeses too..

Then sit back and watch the show

Annie said...

I always knew you were a TRUE friend.