Monday, May 01, 2006

Eat Your Vegetables!

My Weekly Roasted Veggie Medley.

Every weekend I go grocery shopping and buy a bunch of fresh vegetables. When I get home I try to take the time to wash them and prepare a couple of different side dishes to use for the upcoming week. It makes it a lot easier to eat healthly during a hectic work week if the veggies are already prepped.

This is one of my fav's. It's a combination of broccoli, carrots, green beans, celery, black olives, green olives, portabella mushrooms and herbs. I wash and cut everything, put it in a glass dish with a tiny bit of water, and microwave on high for about 8 minutes.

They are actually ready to eat just like this, but I drain them and put them on a foil lined baking sheet, coat them with olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic powder, italian seasoning and place them in a 400 degree oven for about 25-35 minutes. This sort of caramelizes them and brings out all of the sweet flavors in the veggies.

Now I have fresh roasted veggies to eat when I'm to busy to make them Monday thru Wednesday. Try it and let me know how it works out for you!

No comments: