Friday, August 04, 2006

Silly Saturday!!! Volume 1

FOAMY THE SQUIRREL CARTOON

My last post was on Chai and I received a comment from wheresmymind saying...I hate to say that I've only had Starshmucks Chai . It reminded me of a cartoon I saw, so I thought I'd share.

I'm posting the link, but be forewarned it has some offensive language.

In fact, the website actually posts this PARENTAL ADVISORY! "FOAMY LOVES FOUL LANGUAGE AND, SOMETIMES, CARTOON VIOLENCE. HE'S NOT RECOMMENDED FOR SMALL CHILDREN OR BIG BABIES. SO PARENTS OF YOUNGER KIDS MIGHT WANT TO SCREEN THE MOVIES BEFORE EXPOSING YOUR IMPRESSIONABLE TYKES TO HIS WIT AND WISDOM. THE REST OF YOU DEVIANTS HAVE AT IT..."

So if you are easily offended by foul mouthed squirrels DO NOT WATCH IT!

CLICK BELOW FOR FOAMY'S RABID RANT ON...
STARSHMUCKS COFFEE

I never really got into the whole hip coffee thing anyway. I just like good coffee. Who cares what the brand name is??

Do you frequent hip coffee shops? What is your beverage of choice?

8 comments:

barb said...

annie I lauged till I nearly ~ well you know - foamy's rant is hysterical everytime I hear it. And don't give a big rats on the brand it's gotta be good. Occasional ice coffee drinker but tea is my drink of choice and there just doesn't seem to be too many hip tea places in my area.

maltese parakeet said...

my favorite is peet's coffee and tea. it started out in berkeley. their coffee is the best. they have this one brew called major dickason's blend which is like a coffee flavored sucker punch. when i was studying for the bar exam, i drank untold numbers of cups of it - straight up black. they also have this thing called a mocha freddo (which is kind of like a frappuccino) and they throw a few coffee beans with the ice in the blender when they're making it, so it's like eating chocolate covered espresso beans. yuuuuuuuum!

urban vegan said...

I saw this awhile back. Someone sent it to me at work and I had my computer on full blast. LOL.

I don't frequent coffee shops, hip or otherwise. But once in a while I'll taking my knitting or a book to a tea bar near my office where I order red hot chai.

Deborah Eley De Bono said...

I kicked the latte-a-day habit and now only drink tea but it was at 'bucks. I agree with the little bird if I can find a Peet's I order their Russian Caravan, black tea blend.

Annie said...

Doodles, I thought it was hysterical. Maybe we should look into opening one and sell franchises!!!

Maltese Parakeet, I've never heard of peet's coffee and tea, but mocha freddo sounds delisious!!

Urban Vegan, I guess it's not the best thing to have blaring out of your computer full blast at work, huh?? LOL.
Red hot chai? It must be spicy.

MoonCrazy, You must be saving lots of moola. A habit like that can put you in the poor house =)

The Cookbook Junkie said...

I do get Starbuck's once or twice a week in the afternoon, only for the caffeine buzz (and because someone else in the office picks it up for me - I wouldn't get it otherwise). At it's best, it's not awful. At it's worst, I've had to mix it with hot chocolate mix to be able to choke it down. It's always way too acidic and bitter for my taste.

There's a local roaster, that is much better (and less expensive) but I'd have to get it myself so I usually don't.

wheresmymind said...

I love Foamy!!

Annie said...

Paula, Convenience is often the reason for my lunches during the week, if I don't pack one.

Wheresmymind, He is funny!