Friday, February 09, 2007

Peanut Butter Trifle

I recently saw a recipe for Decadent Peanut Butter Pie made with Jif Peanut Butter, cream cheese and Cool-Whip and couldn't stop thinking about the delicious photo it showed. Although I did have a pie shell, I decided to make a trifle since I had some of my
Mom's Peanut Butter Fingers (without the frosting) in the freezer.
I also lightened up the recipe a bit and believe me no one knew the difference!

Peanut Butter Trifle

1 recipe for my Mom's Peanut Butter Fingers
1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter (I used Skippy)
8 oz. cream cheese (at room temperature), I used 4 0z. fat-free and 4 oz. low-fat
1/3 cup sugar
4 1/2 cups (12 oz. container) of non-dairy whipped topping, divided (I used Light Cool-Whip)
Chocolate syrup
Drizzle:
Chocolate syrup and 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips

Directions
In a medium bowl, beat together the peanut butter, cream cheese and sugar. Gently fold in 3 cups whipped topping.
Line the bottom of a clear glass bowl or trifle with a layer of the peanut butter fingers and
spoon 1/3 of the mixture on top. Using a spatula, smooth mixture to edges of bowl.

Squeeze chocolate syrup over top to cover the peanut butter layer. Add another layer of peanut butter fingers and then peanut butter mixture and syrup. Repeat.

Just before serving, spread the remaining whipped topping (1 1/2 cups), over chocolate syrup layer, being careful not to mix the two layers.

Drizzle more chocolate syrup over top and sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
Serve and be happy!


3 comments:

Sara said...

Oh wow...I could go for some of that right now. How delicious.

Deborah Eley De Bono said...

love the combo and neat idea to make the trifle instead of pie. I bet there are other recipes that would work like that.

Unknown said...

Mmmmm...LOVE peanut butter and chocolate...just about the best way to have chocolate!