Monday, May 08, 2006

Twice Baked Potato


No need for a recipe here. Just some helpful tips.

For a crispy skin- coat the scrubbed potatoes with olive oil.
Bake for around an hour in a 400-425 degree oven.
Cool, cut open and scoop out the potato into a bowl.

Add whatever you like or have on hand.

In my case, I added a little non-fat milk,low-fat whipped cream cheese, a little butter, a bit of parmigiano cheese, salt, pepper, fresh italian parsley and mashed it all up together. Stuffed the potato with the filling and baked again at 350 for about 20 minutes. They were very good, although I was a little surprised with all those tasty ingredients, it was a little lacking in flavor until I added a little more salt.

If you have alot of potatos on hand, I suggest making a few, wrapping the extras in foil, place in a freezer bag and freeze them for future use.

I love it when I have no idea what I am going to eat and I look in the freezer and find something I had previosly frozen. It's like finding money in the couch only tastier!

No comments: