Wednesday, March 29, 2006

He's Not a Wimp, He's Just Courageously Challenged.


Poor baby. He has had better days. I recently took him to the vet for a heartworm test and to the groomer on the same day. For him, the day couldn't be worse. He doesn't enjoy anyone poking and prodding at him or for that matter bathing, brushing, combing, cutting, etc. He was a nervous wreck. When I picked him up he was spent. So we made one more stop. Petco, for a new sweater of course! He deserved it.
But this did not cheer him up. For the last 3 days he has been sort of limping and scooting on his but. I put a call into the vet and they informed me that he may have to have his anal glands squeezed. OUCH! What a strange coincidence, I thought. He hasn't been to the vet or the groomer in over a year, and the day I bring him he has a anal gland problem? He can barely sit because he is so uncomfortable. They said it is the equivalence of doggie hemorrhoids. Keep your chin up, poops, better days are coming.

To learn more about anal glands check out this link: CLICK HERE

No comments: