Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Ultimate Brownie Cake

Ooey Gooey Goodness!

This was made from a boxed brownie mix-Betty Crocker Supreme Brownie Mix, Chocolate Chunk with mini Hershey's Kisses. I dressed it up a bit by adding a teaspoon of pure almond extract and cooked it in a 6 inch spring cake pan. This size pan made the brownie cake extra thick and as a result, extra gooey inside. I guess it remains a little under cooked in the center, but that's how most people like it.

I topped it with a decadent chocolate frosting. What can I say? I was in chocolate heaven!

Triple Chocolate Brownie Cake


1 Box Betty Crocker Supreme Brownie Mix, Chocolate ChunkBrownie Mix
1 teaspoon pure almond extract
Follow directions on the box, adding the extract as well. Bake at 325 degrees in a 6 inch spring cake pan for about an hour and 5 minutes. Check with a wooden tooth pick. When the tooth pick comes out almost clean (just a few wet crumbs on it), it's done. Cool completely and frost if desired.

Decadent Chocolate Frosting

1/4 cup coconut oil (or butter or margarine)
2/3 cup cocoa (I used Drost)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2-4 tablespoons milk (Plus more if needed)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Melt coconut oil. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, stirring until it is of spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla.

3 comments:

The Cookbook Junkie said...

It's not undercooked, it's a 'molten lava' cake. Let's face it, that's what most lava cakes are - undercooked cake (except the ones that use a ball of ganache as the center).

Annie said...

Paula, Ha ha! Yeah you're probably right. The ganache center sounds really good. Don't get me started, I've been totally binging on chocolate lately,,,

Jen, Sorry- You were on vaca and I ate it all. Literally.

Emily said...

This looks delicious-I would so eat that.
Did the frosting have a coconut taste from the oil? I love coconut.