Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Simple and Satisfying!

Sometimes the simplest things are the best. Like this salad for example. Very basic.

What did it consist of??
Bagged salad mix; romaine, frisse, radicchio and shredded carrots
Petite baby carrots
Grape tomatoes
Rolled and sliced roasted turkey
Sliced American cheese
Chic peas
Croutons
Dressing; extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, dried dill weed

THAT'S IT. Toss it all together in a bowl and call it lunch or dinner.
Simple, easy, healthy and so delicious!

Whip one up of your own. You'll be glad you did ;)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I do this a good bit for lunch except usually without carrots and cheese and with mushrooms and apples...so good!

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

That is a great chef's salad for lunch.

Dianne said...

Sometimes simple is best. This looks like my kind of salad!

Cookie said...

I love all the bright colors from all the ingredients! This salad looks so fresh and wonderful. I LOVE the addition of the rolled up turkey!

Elyse said...

I could've used this salad for lunch today; I was starving and couldn't figure out anything healthy to eat. This salad would've been the perfect solution--much better than the flimsy egg white scramble I came up with. I love a good salad!

Susan from Food Blogga said...

I adore chickpeas in salad.

Sara said...

Looks good to me! I've been really into main course salads lately. I have a mixed salad green and herb blend I really like.

CookiePie said...

That looks like a perfect summer meal to me!

Maria said...

I love simple salads. Looks good!

Emily said...

Yaaaay! It's salad season! Looks delicious.

Artfully Yours said...

m-mmm, lots of new nummies to try. everything sounds so delish! i love main dish salads and am so glad you reminded me to use chickpeas. can't wait for the garden to start producing!
artfully,
kim

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment :) I added you to my food blogroll :)