Friday, May 09, 2008

I found these cute little glass mugs at the Christmas Tree Shops. At only .89 cents each, I just couldn't resist. They make for the perfect modern espresso mug. The only problem is that I don't drink espresso too often since I gave up caffeine.

As soon as I got them home I started thinking it was a stupid impulse buy. And of course it was, but I was determined to figure out what to use them for. So far I have used them in two ways. As shown above, they make a great presentation for pudding. Which by the way, is delicious with trail mix stirred in just before adding to your dessert cup or in my case petite mug.

The dried fruit in the trail mix softens and gives the pudding a great texture and flavor. I used Dr. Oetker organic vanilla pudding mix which is all natural and has no added chemicals or preservatives. I used pacific trail mix which has almonds, raisins, cranberries, pineapple, mango and papaya. I also added 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract to pump up the vanilla flavor.

Second: Perfect for individual servings of shrimp cocktail.
Again it makes a great presentation. I fit four shrimp per mug and filled the mug with tangy cocktail sauce. Cute and YUMMY!

Let me know if you have any more ideas...

7 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Excellent ideas! And cute too :)

Emily said...

I think both ideas are cute. I really like the shrimp cocktail. Out of season, but you could use them for eggnog glasses. If you like eggnog.

Now...how do I convince you to start taking in caffeine? Tis a wonderful substance.

Anonymous said...

This is an exquisite blog that I have visited so far! Wonderful recipes!
I will definitely prepare some of them. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blog! I love the recipes. Happy Mother's Day to you!

Sara said...

Your shrimp cocktails are so cute! Great idea.
How about soup in the mug? Boring, I know.

Annie said...

Michele, Thanks and they are cute aren't they?

Em, Eggnog! What a brilliant idea, I love it. And about the caffeine, I do love it, but it causes me terrible heartburn. Sad but true.

Spicelove, Thanks for the visit and your nice words.

Sara, Actually that would also be a great idea for a quick shot of chicken broth, haha! Far from boring!

Personalized Glass Mugs said...

I think both ideas are cute. I really like the shrimp cocktail. Out of season, but you could use them for eggnog glasses. If you like eggnog.