Thursday, July 19, 2007

Chocolate Crispy Rice Treats

I finally used up my box of cereal!! And these treats are really yummy. Instead of butter or margarine, I used virgin coconut oil. (YUM.) It is really tasty in baked goods too! I know, it is very high in saturated fat, but the it's the kind of saturated fat that is more easily burned off. Plus it has many other health benefits. For more information and to see if it is right for you visit Earth Clinic.

Chocolate Crispy Rice Treats

5 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
1/3 cup dutch cocoa
3 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
7 cups crispy rice cereal
2/3 cup Coconut, dried, shredded & unsweetened
9 x 11 baking dish lightly sprayed with cooking spray

1. Sift cocoa powder in a large bowl. Stir in cereal and dried coconut.
2. Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over a low flame. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Stir dry ingredients into coconut oil/marshmallow until well mixed.
4. Press mixture into prepared 9 x 11 baking sheet with a piece of waxed paper.
5. Cut into squares once completely cooled.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love
Chocolate Crispy
Rice Treats with
virgin coconut oil

Emily said...

Oh man, I've got to get my hands on some of that coconut oil. I bet it's amazing.